Thank you for your interest in becoming a Rotarian. Rotary International is an association of individual clubs, with each club operating autonomously. Membership is extremely important to us, and we are always eager to hear from individuals interested in our mission and in joining a Rotary club. The RI universal premise is that the membership of each club constitutes an accurate representation of the business and professional population within the community served.
Membership in a Rotary club requires available business or professional classification opportunities as well as an invitation and sponsorship by a member of the club. Sometimes an individual cannot be invited or sponsored for membership.
Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves.
Membership in a Rotary club offers a number of benefits, including:
effecting change within the community
advancing business and professional contacts
developing leadership skills
gaining an understanding of — and having an impact on — international humanitarian issues
Through Rotary International's service programs, a Rotary club can have a significant effect on the quality of life in its community. Rotary Foundation programs offer opportunities to form international partnerships that help people in need worldwide. Some 1.2 million Rotarians in 30,000 clubs in more than 160 countries make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
Kennebunk Portside Rotary Club
Benefits of Rotary Membership
Rotary provides the opportunity to:
· Build friendships while serving with other professionals to address community needs.
· Network with Rotary members on a local, regional, national and international level.
· Have fun each week sharing fellowship, food and laughter while learning about the community through informative programs.
· Help create and/or participate in Rotary International humanitarian service projects.
· Increase leadership skills by attending leadership development programs and serving in club and district leadership positions.
· Enhance professional stature by embracing and practicing Rotary’s internationally recognized business code of ethics.
· Broaden understanding of other cultures by experiencing Rotary’s international exchange programs.
· Be a part of a worldwide organization of 1.2 million people focused on world peace and understanding.
Responsibilities of Rotary Membership
Members are responsible for:
· Attending the club’s weekly meetings as frequently as possible
· Participating in club activities, service projects and fund raising events
· Paying for meals and dues to the club, district and Rotary International
To find out more about Rotary's rich history and the organization's mission and structure, see our Contact Form or contact a Rotarian directly by visiting our Officers and Directors or Contact pages.